From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-04 19:56:11

Daniel Goller wrote:

hi,

>im looking for feedback as well as a possible fix for boost
>serialization with binutils >2.15.90.0.*
>with binutils 2.15.90.0.* the boost serialization demo links properly
>with newer (stable on gentoo) binutils we see a myriad of gnu linkonce
>errors from the linker

>so i would like to know if anyone here can link the serialization
>demo.cpp with 2.15.92.* binutils if yes on which distro and the exact
version of the binutils

Note that our test matrix shows most tests passing compile, link and run
tests.

http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/serializatio
n.html

These tests are on current state of the next version to be released. In
order to function with gcc 2.95 we use STLPort 4.5.3 rather than the
standard library that comes with gcc 2.95 as well as spirit 1.6x rather than
the curent spirit 1.8x

>better yet, i would like to know how i can build boost serialization
>also as a shared lib,

Note the current test version permits bulding of the serialization library
as a shared lib.

I don't know the next version of boost (1.33) will be released.

As a practical matter to use gcc 2.95 with the serialization library you
will have to change standard library to STLPort and use sprite 1.6x. Given
this, it might just be easier to upgrade your gcc to 3.4x which is much
better in any case.

Robert Ramey