From: jordi (jordil2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 11:07:57

jordi wrote:

>>> Try 'The Regex Coach' @ http://weitz.de/regex-coach/ - that's my
>>> favourite. Built on a Lisp port of PCRE, it uses Lisp's macro feature
>>> to build instrumentation into the library. The syntax is different in
>>> places to Boost.Regex, but it's close enough for development work.
>>

>> That one's good. You might also look at RxToolkit (can't turn up the URL
>> right now, but it's not the one in Komodo) or RegexBuddy
>> (http://www.regular-expressions.info/regexbuddy.html). I personally like
>> RegexBuddy better because of the way it displays the match, but then,
>> it's
>> shareware at $30, which bugs some folk. There's an interesting
>> example of
>> it on the blog http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000027.html.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression is interesting, as well.
>>
>> Reid

I didn't find a simple download for Rxtoolkit and regexbuddy doesn't
have a demo download so I finally tried regex-coach and it works great!.

It has accepted all my regex (not too complex, but not too easy neither)
and now I can find where the expression does not match easily in just 30
seconds!

Thanks,

Jordi