From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 18:38:15

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Thorsten,
|
| I admit that my understanding of the problem was too simplistic, and
| apologize for being judgmental.

no apology needed; it's good to discuss things.

| (although I still think ADL-based solutions should be avoided, if only
| because of the GCC issue. Or, the GCC support should not be claimed)

I am myself irritated by the need to say

using namespace boost;
some_range_fun( r );

if nothing else, then because it is not super portable in itself.

My suggestion have been to allow

boost::some_range_fun(r);

to support ADL via the requirement that users implement

adl_some_range_fun(r);

Can you confirm that this would remove the present problems with gcc?

If so, I will propose this on the developer list and make it part of 1.33

br

-Thorsten