From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 13:07:46

Hi Jan

> when doing a transition using transit<myDestinationState>, I would
> like to pass some parameters to myDestination.

What is the ctor of myDestination going to do with them? Where do these
arguments come from? What did you do with them in the react function?

> Problem is, those
> parameter-values will not be known at compile time, so I can't just
> pass them in as template-parameters to myDestinationState.
> Of course I could just set some global (or static member member)
> variable and read that from myDestinationState's constructor but this
> doesn't feel like a very clean design.
>
> Any suggestions?

There are various ways: Have a variable in an outer state, have one in
the FSM, use a transition action or avoid the problem altogether. What
exactly the best one is really depends on the source of your problem.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.