From: Kelly Burkhart (kelly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 11:09:48

Hello,

I am starting to fiddle with boost and bjam and am not able to get bjam
to find the boost headers and libraries.

I'm running SuSE 9.1 and started out using the RPMs. Since last night,
one-by-one I've uninstalled the RPMs and replaced with freshly
downloaded and build components.

Right now I have the latest boost,bjam and boost.build releases. I
built boost with --prefix=/opt/boost and installed it. I have
boost.build placed in /opt/boost as well. Under my home directory I
have a directory in which I'm trying to build a hello-world program.

The directory contents:

> ls
boost-build.jam Jamfile project-root.jam tst.cpp
> cat boost-build.jam
boost-build /opt/boost/boost-build ;
> cat Jamfile
exe tst : tst.cpp ;
> cat tst.cpp
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include "boost/format.hpp"

int main()
{
    std::cout << boost::format("%1%, world") % "hello" << std::endl;
    return 0;
}

project-root.jam is empty.

When I try to build with 'bjam tst' it is not able to find the boost
headers, which makes sense, because I've not been able to figure out how
to indicate where they live.

How is this accomplished?

-K