From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-16 05:50:52

> Another frustrating day trying to compile some code...
>
> I'm trying use the regex library. My application is
> compiled using Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd). I
> specified the following library
> libboost_regex-vc71-mt.lib and all I get are link
> errors.

libboost_regex-vc71-mt.lib is compiled for the release runtime (/MD), so I'm
not surprised you got errors. Why not just place the libraries in your
compilers search path, and let auto-linking take care of selecting the right
one?

> My application is a console app so I defined
> BOOST_REGEX_NO_W32

If you do that, then you also have to compile the library with
BOOST_REGEX_NO_W32 defined (put it in boost/regex/user.hpp), however, you
can use the default compiled version perfectly well in a console app, so
this shouldn't be necessary, unless you really want to avoid linking to
user32.lib.

John.