From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 06:23:27

Kevin Wheatley wrote:

> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>> > Why don't
>> > you post an example that shows the behaviour you're reporting?
>>
>> As others have already understood the problem, there does not seem to be
>> a need to do so.
>
> something like:
>
> #include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
> #include <iostream>

> int main(int argc, char** argv)
> {
> thread fooThread(&foo);

I can't get your program to fail.

> // Now do something to cause a delay here...
>
> // ignore the fact that input/output may not be 'thread safe' as this is
> not the point!!
> std::cout << "press the 'any' key..." << std:endl;

And the "std:endl" makes me wonder how did you get this program to
compile ;-) Can you please post a program that:
1. Compilers
2. Fails (at least sometimes)
3. Specify version of Boost, compiler, OS version.

That's the only chance for the problem to be fixed. If I can get it fail on
my Linux box, I can look into it.

- Volodya