From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 10:09:04

Kevin Wheatley wrote:

> On Windows I'm getting the:
>
> res = WaitForSingleObject(reinterpret_cast<HANDLE>(m_thread),
> INFINITE);
> assert(res == WAIT_OBJECT_0);
> res = CloseHandle(reinterpret_cast<HANDLE>(m_thread));
> assert(res);
>
> res == WAIT_OBJECT_0 assert failing, but I have no idea why because
> I'm not told it failed due to the void thread::join().

I don't yet know if thread::join should return something or throw an
exception, but reporting the error in a better way is desirable. On Linux,
assert can be replaced with "perror/abort" combination, and on windows
something like that should be also possible ("FormatMessage"?).

Anybody objects if I make the change for Linux?

- Volodya