From: Przemyslaw Sliwa (przemyslaw.sliwa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 09:59:08

All,

I would like to ask you a question if someone of you has ever used the boost serialization library.
I managed to compile with VC++ 7.1 the sample code from the example website http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/example/demo.cpp. It went well, but it is giving some strange run time errors.
I managed to compile just in the debug mode and it does not work with the Release one. I am getting some strange link errors. There are several libraries in the serialization module and basically there is nothing about it which one should be used. Can you help me with it?

The examples use just the text archive. The serialization module is huge and I know there are several other modes, e.g. XML, etc.
The problem is lack of any kind of documentation. Does anyone of you use other archive types than the text ones?

Thanks for help in advance