From: Malte Starostik (home_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-28 21:12:59

Pavel Vozenilek schrieb:
> "Malte Starostik" wrote:
>

>>I'm using a wrapper class to automate postconstruction and
>>predestruction. A preliminarily boostified version (added licence
>>header, changed namespace to boost) is available at
>>http://malte.homeip.net/~malte/prepost/
>>

> How is your solution better than to have
> - factory function/class for post-constructor and
> - deleter attached to shared_ptr for pre-destructor?

I guess only in that the latter is too obvious ;-)
Of course I've used that solution before, but when I needed it this time
it didn't occur to me and I started with prepost.hpp, of course after
that I didn't consider an alternative to the whole approach, only
implementation details. Oh well, coding throughout the holidays->lack
of sleep->getting caught up. But thanks for reminding me, now I really
don't see the need to anymore, not even for myself.

Cheers,
Malte, slightly embarassed (in the positive way :-) indeed