From: Srinivasan, Rajagopalan \(GE Healthcare\) (Rajagopalan.Srinivasan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-29 19:05:32

all,

i have mingw g++ version 3.4.2

i got boost compiled and installed on c:\Boost

my simple app does not link.

Error Message is -

C:/DOCUME~1/208004~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccK6caaa.o(.text$_ZN5boost15program_options16validation_errorC1ERKSs[boost::program_options::validation_error::validation_error(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)]+0x53):hello.cpp: variable 'vtable for boost::program_options::validation_error' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

I cannot seem to find such a switch for ld.

also - I am using make. should i be using jam (or bjam?) for my app.

If these are in addressed some FAQ please point me.

regards

srini

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete the message from your computer without making any copies. Please see http://www.ge.com.au/help/email_privacy_policy.html for information about our privacy practices.