From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 10:46:07

Hi folks,

I'm developing a (better) unit test framework for our code; I am very
attracted to the simplicity of the BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST framework, but
would like to use the "expected failures" feature that is, apparently,
only available with the explicit use of the test suite.

That is to say: if I explicitly write the init_unit_test_suite
function, I add unit tests thusly:

    test->add( BOOST_TEST_CASE( &mytest), 1 );

with second parameter indicating how many expected
failures. However, there is no way to do so using the AUTO framework:

    BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST( testINFO ) // no second parameter!

Is there any way for me to use the AUTO_TEST framework and still
indicate expected failures?

Thanks!

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. "Irrationality is the square root of all evil"
Numerica Corporation -- Douglas Hofstadter
Software Engineer IV
                         "Oppernockity tunes but once." -- anon.