From: Jeremy Jurksztowicz (arketype_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 13:06:20

Hi,

I am having problems compiling 1_32 on a G4 darwin system with GCC 3.x.
1_31 compiles fine, but when I the xml_grammer.o is being compiled in 1_32, it seems to take forever... as in forever. My computer seems to be doing things but I wonder if a modern processor should take over 4 hours to compile 1 lousy object file. That is how long I have left the compiler running for, 4 hours, still churning away at xml_grammer.o.
Is it normal for xml_grammer to take a long time to compile? Nothing in xml_grammer.hpp (and xml_grammer.ipp) indicates that it should take so long. Perhaps it is my bjam build? I am using the bjam I installed with 1_31 to compile 1_32.

Thanks,
Jeremy Jurksztowicz