From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 08:55:58

The Parallel BGL builds on the Boost Graph Library (BGL), offering
similar data structures, algorithms, and syntax for distributed,
parallel computation that the BGL offers for sequential programs. The
Parallel BGL is intended primarily as a research platform, to
facilitate both experimentation with and comparison of parallel graph
algorithms and to provide solid implementations for solving large-scale
graph problems in other application areas.

At present, an alpha release of the Parallel BGL is available for
download, containing distributed graph algorithms and data structures
for use with the Message Passing Interface (MPI). Those familiar with
the Boost Graph Library will recognize the same algorithms, interfaces,
and data structures in the Parallel BGL. Comments, questions, and
feedback are always welcome, but *please* direct your comments to me,
personally. The Parallel BGL is not a Boost library (although we may
seek acceptance at a later date),

The Parallel BGL is being developed by the Open Systems Lab, part of
the Pervasive Technologies Laboratory at Indiana University.

For more information, see http://www.osl.iu.edu/research/pbgl/

        Doug Gregor
        Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
        Open Systems Lab, Indiana University