From: jordi (jordil2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 04:23:26

John Maddock wrote:
>> I would like to know if it's possible to assign an alias/name to a
>> sub-expression. When using short regex there is no problem nor
>

> No that's not supported, but don't forget that you can always use
> non-marking parenthesis to avoid throwing out too many fields.
>
> John.

I already use non-marking parenthesis but when using a long regex it's
very difficult to decide which is the correct index to define the
subexpression to use. Furthermore, when using "conditional
expressiones" in the format strings the difficulties are even more
obvious...

Thanks anyway for your reply,

Jordi