From: steve ahlgren (steveahlgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 11:31:05

Hi : Thanks for the note.

fs::path( "c:\\", fs::native ) works.
c:\\temp works
c:\\temp\\test.xml fails ( should this fail or work? )

I'm deeper in my exploration now ...

Here's a question for you. If I use a proxy class like the attached
this all fails. Is there something "special" about fs::path that
dictates I can't proxy it? If I compile that TuPath into a dll it
fails but if it's attached to a standalone it works fine. So is there
something special about fs::path?

Clearly the proxy started as a "is-a" relationship and now I'm trying
it as a "has-a" but to no avail.

I'm getting closer .. something to do with the external linkage or rtl
but the rtls are all consistent which is what's confusing me even
more.

Thanks;
Steve a.