From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 18:24:18

"Robert Mathews" <rmathews_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> That'd be nice. I'm looking at using boost.test for some of my
> application-specific unit tests, but these kinds of practical issues get
> in
> the way, to wit:
> - passing test configuration

Will you be willing to comply to Boost.Test format or adopt your format to
Boost.Test interfaces?

> - listing the tests contained in the unit test (so that I can compare the
> tests run against the total number of tests available - hard to know how
> much coverage you're getting if you don't know what's in the .exe)

I am not sure how list of tests help you here: are you planning to run test
cases by name and want to see what persentage of tests you run?
> - "expected failure" feature

Boost.Test does provide "expected failure" feature for explicit test case
registration

> - the ability to generate a better error message - ie, include a bit of
> text
> about what the test was about.

Why BOOST_..._MESSAGE doesn't work for you? You could also use BOOST_MESSAGE
for standalone mesage in test log

> Cheers,
> Rob.

Gennadiy