From: Daniel Lidström (daniel.lidstrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-11 09:48:01

Hello,

I want to use the shared_ptr with objects that are allocated using
a factory. The problem is the deallocation. It has to be done with
a ``manager'' class. For example, here is how the allocation and
deallocation has to be done:

PxyFileData& geo_file = dynamic_cast<PxyFileData&>(fileMan.New("geo"));
fileMan.Close(geo_file);

I would like to be able to put shared_ptr<PxyFileData>'s into a std::vector
and then forget about the deallocation. I.e. fileMan.Close(...) should be
done automatically when the objects aren't needed anymore. But since the
deallocation isn't simply delete, how can I do this?

Thanks!

--
Daniel
SBG AB