From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-12 10:53:52

Naeem ahmad wrote:

> I am using g++ 2.96 version, It is fail with many libraries of boost.
> Should I get latest version of g++ compiler, does it will work with all
> boost libraries.

Have a look at the regression results for 1.32.0
(http://tinyurl.com/6tnln). There is a fair number of libraries working on
2.95.3 (on Linux) but some are not available. It would expect the same
mileage from 2.96. (Wasn't this some not officially released version?)

But as you are using another platform matters probably are far worse for
you than the table indicates. It would make things much easier for you, if
you started with a fairly recent version of gcc as a starting point, say
3.4.3 for example and then try to work your way from there.

For the upcoming 1.33.0 release of boost I would definately recommend using
gcc 3.4.3 as it is one of the tested platforms. (See
http://tinyurl.com/4l76y for more info.)

Markus