From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 04:29:39

Dan Katz wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to build boost on an AIX box using GCC, and am having
> pthread issues.
>
> In particular:

[...]

> /usr/include/pthread.h:554: error: `pthread_rwlock_t' was not
> declared in this scope /usr/include/pthread.h:554: error: parse error
> before `)' token [... lots more pthread problems of this sort ...]

That's odd, it basically can't compile <pthread.h> for some reason.

The current CVS might sidestep the problem with shared_ptr, because it looks
like you are on a PowerPC, and shared_ptr now has a g++/PPC specific version
that doesn't need locks. But anything else that depends on <pthread.h> will
still fail.