From: Elvanör (elvanor2004_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 16:55:58

Hello,

I don't know if this mailing list is the best place to file a bug
report (maybe better on the boost-developers mailing list, or on
bugzilla if there is one) to get something fixed, but I have a problem
with type_traits.

I am not using type_traits directly, only through use of the BGL. I got
the following error (which was posted in a previous message related to
the BGL, before I discovered that the error was in type_traits -
sorry!):

In file included from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/type_traits/extent.hpp:14,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/type_traits.hpp:61,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/detail/numeric_traits.hpp:64,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/iterator/counting_iterator.hpp:
9,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/pending/integer_range.hpp:14,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/graph/detail/adjacency_list.hpp:
18,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp:281,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/probabilisticgraphicalmodels/src/
GraphAlgorithms.h:4,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/probabilisticgraphicalmodels/src/
GraphAlgorithms.cc:7:
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/type_traits/detail/
size_t_trait_def.hpp:33:1: "BOOST_TT_AUX_SIZE_T_TRAIT_DEF1" redefined
In file included from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/type_traits/rank.hpp:14,
                  from
/Users/elvanor/Development/boost/boost/type_traits.hpp:60,
[...]
size_t_trait_def.hpp:33:1: this is the location of the previous
definition

I have looked in the file producing the error (multiple defines). It
doesn't include a header guard, but the file specifically says that
this is intentional. Thus, I am not qualified enough to get a quick fix
for my situation, and this is a problem since I really need the CVS
version of Boost for my project...

I tried replacing the whole type_traits directory from CVS with the one
from Boost 1.32 (because i hadn't any problems with typetraits and
Boost Graph Library until today, when I replaced 1.32 with CVS) , but I
then get tons of compiler errors when compiling my project so obviously
it isn't a good idea.

Jean-Noël Rivasseau