From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-17 03:47:36

Alex Makarenko wrote:
> I am trying to use the boost serialization library but can't compile even
> the simplest demo.
[snip]
> In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/config.hpp:35,
> from /usr/include/boost/serialization/utility.hpp:21,
> from demo.cpp:16:
> /usr/local/include/boost/config/compiler/gcc.hpp:57:7: warning: #warning
> "Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the
> results"

This looks wrong, boost 1.32 should know about gcc-3.3. Also,
boost/config.hpp is in /usr/local/include, but
boost/serialization/utility.hpp is in /usr/include. My guess is that
you've got an old version of boost in /usr/local/include, and the
pre-built debian packages in /usr/include

There's a bug in the debian packages which causes some files to be lost
during an upgrade to the new version, it looks like that has happened
here. If I'm right then you should remove the boost packages, remove the
old version from /usr/local and reinstall the boost packages (the bug
only affects upgrades, not installs).

Daniel