From: Lyon, Richard (rlyon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-18 03:28:10

Hi,

A good alternative is to call the ATLAS CLAPACK/CBLAS DLL's directly
from your c/c++ code. The only reason for using another layer on top of
these libraries is too assist with the construction of the matrices,
arithmetic operations, marshalling and I/O. You will need to look
closely at the BLAS/LAPACK documentation at netlib to understand the
various API's. With this approach you are not locked into c/c++. Calling
CLAPACK/CBLAS from C# works well.

ATLAS supports both row and column major type matrices. The matrix must
be marshalled as a continuous array. Initially the CLAPACK/CBLAS
interface looks complex, but after the initial hurdle is passed life is
pretty straight forward.

Looked and BLITZ and TNT but decided there seemed to be too much hype
and not much documentation. LAPACK++ might be worth a try.

Calling ATLAS CLAPACK/CBLAS DLL's directly works fine for me, but it
really depends upon your requirements.

Regards
Richard Lyon