From: Klaus Nowikow (nowikow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-19 04:20:44

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> For one thing
>
> ar & BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(this->m_);
>
> isn't a good idea. This will fail when serialiized as xml as an xml
> attribute can't contain an ">" character.

True. Of course I would use something like

ar & boost::make_nvp("MyTag", this->m_);

in production code.

> But the main problem is you're using save/load without
> BOOST_SERIALIZATION_MEMBER_SPLIT()

No, I don't think so. The structs A, B, and C have serialize() member
functions. The save() and load() functions are not the serialization functions
but only two arbitrary functions that create an archive and use it
to save or load an object.

I should have called them foo() and bar() :-)
-- which i tried just now, just to be sure, and the error remains.

--
Klaus