From: Simon Monckton (Simon.Monckton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-19 14:46:43

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 13:34, Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> "Simon Monckton" wrote:
>
> > Do any of you have experience passing BOOST vectors/arrays over CORBA?
> > Short of writing a BOOST idl, is there a way of getting at and passing
> > raw array data?
> >
> I am not sure what you mean by BOOST vector.

My mistake, I should be clearer. Something like

boost::numeric::ublas::vector<double> aVector(4);

> You need to convert data in Boost containers into/from
> Corba structures, like it needs to be done for any
> other C++ containers.

I guess the question is whether I can get at the raw data in 'aVector'
and pass it out as though it was a standard Corba type such as

double aCorbaVector[4]

> There's no explicit Corba support in Boost.

I am trying to avoid an assignment step like:

for(i=0;i<4;i++) aCorbaVector[i]=aVector[i];

In my fantasy world, I'd hoped I might be able to do something like:

aCorbaVector = aVector.data();

where data() returns a pointer to the raw memory area.