From: Matthias Kaeppler (nospam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-20 05:16:44

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Sliwa, Przemyslaw (London) wrote:
>
>> I was wondering why I get duplicates on my Linux box as well. The
>> files are with 1_32 and without extension and they are exactly the
>> same.
>

> On any Unix I would expect those to be hardlinks to each other. Are you
> sure this is not the case?
>
> Markus

On my Debian GNU/Linux installation, 2/3 of those files are symlinks. I
think that's just for convenience, so instead of linking such longwinded
names as libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 you can just link to
libboost_filesystem (which is a symlink to the former).

Since Windoze doesn't have symlinks, I don't know how this handled there
though.

--
Matthias Kaeppler