From: Jarl Lindrud (jlindrud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-23 09:56:06

Sliwa, Przemyslaw (London <Przemyslaw_Sliwa <at> ml.com> writes:

> Ace is good, but it is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I second the "huge" part, I'm sure there's even a kitchen sink in there
somewhere :) You'd also better be prepared to invest a substantial amount of
time and effort in learning to see the world as the authors of ACE want you to
see it...

I'll take the opportunity of plugging my own C++ RPC library, you can find it at
http://www.codeproject.com/threads/RMI_For_Cpp.asp . It supports both oneway and
twoway RPC's, and is (hopefully) a lot easier to get started with than ACE. I
haven't written a file transfer utility with it, but I don't think it would be
too hard.

/Jarl.