From: Johnson, Donald W MVK Contractor (Donald.W.Johnson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 13:11:31

I found the main problem, I had edited the wrong boost/config/user.hpp file.
When I set BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DYN_LINK in the correct user.hpp file I get this
error.

c:\Boost\include\boost-1_31\boost\config\auto_link.hpp(269): fatal error
C1189: #error : "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a
really bad idea..."

#if (defined(_DLL) || defined(_RTLDLL)) && defined(BOOST_DYN_LINK)
# define BOOST_LIB_PREFIX
#elif defined(BOOST_DYN_LINK)
# error "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a really bad
idea..."
#else
# define BOOST_LIB_PREFIX "lib"
#endif

So wher am I supposed to set the _DLL symbol or do I need to disable
auto_link. If so how?

Thanks,
Donald Johnson