From: David Gruener (gruenedd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-29 03:56:14

Pavel Antokolsky aka Zigmar wrote:
> auto_ptr - compiled with warning about destroying incomplete type

As i already mentioned,
very little to no benefit here over plain pointer.

> shared_ptr - compiled and worked - the destructor of

Yes, but you still have to provide assignment and copy
constructor for your standard cases. So, as i stated, little
benefit here over plain pointer too and an ideological problem that
shared_ptr used in this way, as serveral times suggested,
isn't a shared pointer anymore.
   Again, whats needed is a pointer like Griffiths's grin_ptr
or Peter's impl_ptr. I'm looking forward to the
policy pointers.

--David