From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-01 14:59:12

Elmar Loos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the archive of this mailinglist I found some Mails from year 2000,
> that a teebuf derived from std::streambuf should be inserted into
> boost. I couldn't find anything like this in the current boost
> version. Could you tell me something about the status of that class,
> please?

This functionality will be available in the iostreams library, which will debut
in 1.33. Usage will be as follows:

  #include <boost/iostreams/device/file.hpp>
  #include <boost/iostreams/filter/tee.hpp>
  #include <boost/iostreams/filtering_stream.hpp>

   using namespace boost::iostreams;

   filtering_ostream out( tee(file("log.txt")) | file("output.txt"));
   out << "this goes to log and to output\n";

Jonathan