From: Martin Jynge (jyngem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 09:45:37

Quoting "Lyon, Richard" <rlyon_at_[hidden]>:

> Are you talking about genetic programming or optimisation using
> genetic algorithms?

I'm talking about genetic programming. ga is simpler to implement and it
wouldn't be suitable to boost for any reason, I think.

> As I understand it genetic programming is the concept of using
> genetic
> algorithms to write code which will solve an optimisation problem.

That's not entirely the case. Standard gp is a tree rather than a
string/vector (or it's likes) in genetic algorithm. The gp tree is made
up of nodes with (mathematical) operations, and some sort of linking
between the nodes. But then again, a graph-based gp is a generalization
of the tree structure which I intend to use.

regards,
Martin Jynge