From: Stefan Strasser (sstrasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-08 18:12:31

Brian Braatz schrieb:
> I am coming from a "ok so a non-boost person hits the page, how do we
> best speak to that person" point of view.
>

> I can speak FROM the "newbie" perspective because it wasn't that long
> ago for me. And I can tell you that it takes an awful lot of patience
> and persistence to become someone who "sees what boost does" and can
> actually start using it in projects.

I don't think people come by accident to the boost page(and they
definitely don't to the community page) and need to be convinced that
they need boost.
they look for a specific library/class and they've been told, "boost has
that". later on they look what also is in boost.
at least that is how it worked for me.

so a community page(especially user comments in documentation) helps a
new user to get into it. it is imho not the function of a community page
to raise interest. (and I think it can't).

and I think the best thing you can do to bring a new user into the
community thing is to have documentation and user comments on the same
page(see php). because what a user definitely does is look at the
documentation when he's found the library he's looking for.