From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 07:11:27

I have an application that implements the Observer pattern, based on the GOF
code and was interested in using Boost.Signals in a new application. Before
committing myself, I decided to check the relative performance when
signalling two observers. Both tests were performed on Windows XP, using
MSVC 8 beta 2, with the /Ox optimisation. Here are the times for 6,000,000
signals, measured with the Win32 GetTickCount() API on a 3GHz P4 with 1GB
RAM:

   GOF Observer: 109
   Boost.Signals: 6203

Clearly, you have to trade convenience for performance with this library.

- Keith MacDonald