From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 17:52:34

Thanks very much for all your replies.

I wrote
> However, for maps, the second variation (declaring outside the macro)
> doesn't work:
>
> map<int,int> m;
> FOREACH (map<int,int>::value_type i, m) {...} // compiles
> map<int,int>::value_type i;
> FOREACH (i, m) {...} // COMPILE ERROR

And the various replies are right on the money, and appreciated. I
thought it was something like this, but I couldn't quite figure out
what was going on.

If anyone's interested: I'm playing with the idea of extending FOREACH
in a way so that, instead of having a pair<>, you've got two separate
variables for key and value. Maybe something like:

map<int,int> m;
FOREACH_PAIR(int key, int value, m)
{ ... }

I'm having a very moderate amount of success. Anyone else playing
with this sort of thing?

Thanks again!

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. "The only justification for our concepts and
Software Engineer IV systems of concepts is that they serve to
Numerica Corporation represent the complex of our experiences;
ph (970) 419-8343 x27 beyond this they have no legitimacy."
fax (970) 223-6797 -- Albert Einstein
dgsteffen_at_[hidden]