From: Martin Magnusson (martin.magnusson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-13 04:53:36

I am sometimes getting segmentation faults (using gcc 3.3.4 under
Cygwin) in calls to add_vertex( g ), where g is of the following type:
   boost::adjacency_list
     < boost::setS,
       boost::vecS,
       boost::undirectedS,
       Vertex_Properties,
       Edge_Length >

This happens when I try to merge two graphs with repeated calls to
add_vertex (not updating edges or anything, just adding new vertices),
and usually when the returned index from add_vertex is around
40000-50000, but it depends on the data. Creating a single graph with
more than 50000 vertices in one go is not a problem.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on in add_vertex, and what
could be the problem here? I suspect it has something to do with the
automatic resizing of the internal vector used to store the vertices. Is
there a way to reserve memory in advance for this?