From: martin f krafft (madduck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-13 10:48:04

also sprach Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> [2005.05.13.1655 +0200]:
> > Alternatively, or additionally, within the cyclic object
> > themselves, it would be nice if it was possible to serialize the
> > pointer without serializing its contents, i.e. creating only an
> > index in the archive, making it up to the user to make sure that
> > the object is later serialized with that index to adress it.
>
> That's more or less how the serialization of pointers works now
> - and that's why it DOES work.

If I end up not serialising the pointee object, the framework does
serialise it automatically, right? That is to say:

  {
    A a;
    a.x = 5;
    ar << &a;
  }

  //...

  A *b
  ar >> b;
  assert(b->x == 5)

should work just fine, right?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net_at_madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus_at_[hidden]

"men always want to be a woman's first love.
 women have a more subtle instinct:
 what they like is to be a man's last romance."
                                                        -- oscar wilde