From: Bo Peng (ben.bob_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-20 14:29:48

Dear list,

This problem has been discussed: seralization library can not be built
under mac because gcc will hang when compiling xml_grammar.cpp (See
the attached email from this list). Has anyone investigated this
issue?

Thanks.
Bo

On 4/18/05, Tom Denniston <tom.denniston at gmail.com> wrote:
> That works, all the targets seem to compile except one (see below).
> It seems to just hang. Is this the one you were having trouble with.
> what surprises me is that I have 1 GB of ram and still have the
> problem.
>
> The ouput I am seeing is below:
>
> Tom-Dennistons-Computer:/development/libraries/boost_1_32_0
> tomdenniston$ /development/bjam-3.1.10-1/bjam -sTOOLS=darwin
> -sPYTHON_VERSION=2.3
> ...found 8239 targets...
> ...updating 261 targets...
> darwin-C++-action
> bin/boost/libs/serialization/build/libboost_serialization.a/darwin/release/xml_grammar.o

That's the one. Perhaps it's not a memory problem but rather a
compiler bug? I haven't ever bothered to dig into it because I am not
using the serialization library. As I said before, I usually restrict
the build to just the libraries that I need. It saves time and space.

 -Patrick