From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-20 21:58:20

On 5/19/05, Gottlob Frege <gottlobfrege_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snip]

> template <typename T> class C
> {
> int fooCount()
> {
> static int foo = 0;
> return ++foo;
> }
> };

[snip]

> I suppose a compiler could still make the code common, but with
> separate static foo's, but then in general, there is nothing stopping
> a compiler from looking at 2 unrelated functions and saying, 'hey,
> lots of the code here looks the same; I should just refactor some of
> it out and remove some code bloat'. Not sure much of that ever
> happens. Reality is that once upon a time there were compiler
> switches for size vs speed, but speed won.

I have one question:

Isnt &C<int>::fooCount garanteed to be different from &C<long>::fooCount ?

[snip]

> Tony

   Felipe Magno de Almeida
   UIN: 2113442
    email: felipe.m.almeida+spam at gmail com felipe.almeida+spam at
ic unicamp br, felipe.m.almeida at gmail com, felipe+spam at synergy
com
(Remove the +spam from the email)
I am a C, modern C++, MFC, ODBC, Windows Services, MAPI developer
from synergy, and Computer Science student from State
University of Campinas(UNICAMP).
To know more about:
Unicamp: http://www.ic.unicamp.br
Synergy: http://www.synergy.com.br
current work: http://www.mintercept.com
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."