From: Pablo Aguilar (pablo.aguilar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 17:34:06

"Dennis Jones" <djones_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Pablo Aguilar" <pablo.aguilar_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> This sounds like a job for something like Spirit
>> (http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/), rather than tokenizer...
>> When trying to implement this for tokenizer, you'll likely be duplicating
>> stuff already done for you by Spirit.
>
> Maybe, but tokenizer seems to be fairly simple and straight-forward, and I
> don't think I need all the power of a full-blown parser like Spirit for a
> task as simple as this. Besides, Spirit is not available for my compiler
> (BCB), so tokenizer is the only choice I have!
>
> - Dennis

While I haven't tried it myself, for the same reason (not available on VC6
nor BCB), I do think it'd be easier to use than trying to customize
tokenizer. Also, (and again, I haven't tried it) I believe Spirit 1.6.x
(spirit.sourceforge.net) is available for older compilers; I know it's
supposed to work for VC6, but I'm not sure about BCB.

HTH

Pablo