From: Brian Campbell (lambda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-10 18:33:57

On Jun 10, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Chris Coleman wrote:

> The easiest way I have found to install boost on Mac OS X (Tiger
> 1.4.1) has been with darwinports, install docs can be found at:
>
> http://darwinports.org/docs/ch01s03.html
>
> Then "sudo port install boost" will install 1.32 (at present). I
> have had no problems with the installation and use quite a number
> of the boost libraries.
>
> Cheers
> Chris

Thanks, this is actually the approach I ended up using. In fact, it
was the approach I tried first, but then it turned out that the
program I was trying to link to boost didn't work properly with the
version of GCC 4 that shipped with OS X 10.4 (which was based on a
prerelease version of GCC 4). Since I didn't want to recompile all of
darwinports with GCC 3.3, I decided to see if I could compile just
boost and the program that would be using it with GCC 3.3. Apple
finally released an updated GCC 4, based on the stable release of GCC
4, which works, so I ended up just using that with the boost from
Darwinports.

Thanks for all of the suggestions,
Brian