From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 16:58:48

Stephen Gross writes:
> (1) Where can I find reference information for mpl::for_each (I've
> looked around on the boost website and can't seem to find it).

I'm afraid it's missing from the reference docs.

> (2) Here's what I'm trying to do: I've got an mpl::vector. Given some type
> T, I want to loop across the vector and see if T is convertible to any of
> the types in the vector.

    !is_same<
          find_if< seq, is_convertible<T, _1> >::type
        , end<seq>::type
?

> I tried something like 'for_each<typelist, is_convertible<T, _1>
> >()' but my syntax is definitely wrong. Any ideas?

Unless I misunderstood your needs, something like the above should
work for you. 'for_each' is the only run-time iteration algorithm in
the library, and it's probably not what you want here. In absense of
better docs at the moment, you can read chapter 4 of
http://www.boost.org/libs/mpl/doc/paper/mpl_paper.pdf to get an idea
what's 'for_each' is about.

HTH,

--