From: Doug Henry (brilligent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-16 08:23:36

I have a custom stream that I am adaptiing to, so I build oarchive and
iarchive classes derived from boost::archive::detail::common_xarchive
according to the documentation. I have a function that looks like the
following to handle the specifics of loading and saving.

template<class T>
void load(T & t)
{
// load data...
}

This seems to work for everything except std::string's. I noticed it when
writing out a std::map<std::string, std::string>. The map is handled
properly by the boost/serialization/map.hpp routines, but the strings are
sent to my load function instead of being handled by
boost/serialization/string.hpp.

Any insight in to what I could possibly be doing wrong would be greatly
appreciated.

-doug