From: Jean-Noël Rivasseau (elvanor2004_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-17 02:29:31

Hello,

I was wondering if one could use Boost serialization library with the
Boost Graph Library. Specifically, if one my class holds a graph (for
example, an adjacency_list class), is it possible to serialize it?
 From what I've read from the Boost serialization documentation, this
doesn't seem possible as it eventually requires access to the class
members; in the case of the BGL, the implementation of the classes is
probably so complex that I wouldn't go through that route; plus, they
may very well be private.

I was wondering if there is any way to do serialization via the
public interface of the BGL (ie, add_edge, etc...) ? If I understood
the Serialization library correctly, everything works via the
operator & which acts as >> and <<. If I define a << operator for the
BGL classes, that implement the export / import operations, needed,
would it be possible to use the BGL with serialization?

Any help from knowledgeable people would be appreciated (I now have a
quite good knowledge of the BGL but I am new to the serialization
library).

Jean-Noël