From: Tapio Vuorinen (JO/LMF) (tapio.vuorinen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-17 06:26:08

Hi,

I have a problem with usage of the serialization library in my DLL. I looked
through the previous mail threads in this mailing list but I didn't find any
solution for my problem there.

I use Linux and the boost software version is 1.32.0. My software which
uses serialization services is compiled with g++ and build as a shared library.
When the library is loaded dynamically at runtime the static instance of the
pointer_oserializer template class is not initialized correctly and causes
crashing of my software.
Maybe the serialization software contains other static instances also but the
instance of pointer_oserializer is the one I always meet first when I debug my
software.
Is there any means to fix this? Or if the initialization problem of static
instances within DLL is already fixed in later versions of boost, which of them?

Thanks
Tapio Vuorinen