From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-19 00:42:33

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:46:04 -0700, Jean-Noël Rivasseau wrote
> If you want to make the BGL serializable, how would you proceed?
> Intrusively, meaning writing the serialize function as a class
> member, or non intrusively ?
> You are saying that "One only needs access to the vertices, edges,
> and properties of the graph to serialize it."
> However, that doesn't seem easy to get access to these vertices,
> since it would maybe mean looking at the implementation details for
> a *long* time. Do you think I could write the serialization patches
> in a reasonable amount of time? If you think so, I could give it a
> try, with some intial help.

You could look at some other boost examples for some help. Here's a link to
the date-time serilization code. It is non-intrusive -- only using the public
interface of the various types it serializes such as gregorian::date:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/date_time/gregorian/greg_serialize.hpp?rev=1.7&view=markup

http://tinyurl.com/bnexk

or the multi_index code -- maybe more like BGL b/c it is a collection

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/multi_index/detail/index_saver.hpp?rev=1.3&view=auto

http://tinyurl.com/9rp6y

HTH,

Jeff