From: Shriram V (shriram_vishwanathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 20:03:39

Hi,

I am working on a project, where the requirement is to share memory between
processes. I have been reading at the boost::pool documentation.

But unfortunately I suspect that I can't use it very easily.

Basically, what I want to do is pre-allocate a large fixed size memory
segment using mmap, and hand that memory over to pool. The pool should
allocate memory from this segment. However I can't find such an interface
for pool.

I know that you can write a UserAllocator, but, I can not write one for
shared memory. Dynamic nature of UserAllocator would mean maintaining free
block myself, which is precisely what I wanted to avoid at the first place.

Is it possible to use the pool interface to achieve this?

If yes how? If not, can you suggest an alternate package or something?

Or, Am I missing something? Please help.

Regards,

-Shriram

==================================================== This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Warning: Although Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email; the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. ====================================================