From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-01 12:04:35

Any violation of assert is indication of a programming error (at least in
the way I intend to use it). So send me some more information including
boost version, compiler version, etc. If you can send a small test case
that is also immensily helpful.

Robert Ramey

Sergey Skorniakov wrote:
> Hello, All!
>
> sometimes I got errors in basic_iarchive_impl::load_pointer in line
> assert(new_cid == cid).
> Can anyone tell me what exactly this assertion means and whan it can
> occurs? Is this error posiible if I remove some BOOST_CLASS_EXPORTs
> from my code and try to load old files?

Trying to load an archive with one set of traits from a archive saved with
another set of traits would generally not work without making special
arrangements to read the "old" archives. That is, saving one way and
exception.