From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-10 15:29:00

Addresses of primitive types are generally not tracked by default. So
replacing A with a char would not give a desired result. This is described
in the manual under the section of seriailzation traites/tracking and
serialization of pointers.

A solution would be to make a "trackable char" using STRONG_TYPE or some
other sort of wrapper to distinguish a char from a your own chartype.

Note that if you make a few small changes in your program - and are using
current CVS version (1.33 - real soon now) you will an error message to
alert you to this problem. Here is my updated version of your program.