From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-13 10:10:20

A couple of hints:

a) constructor is called only when de-serializing a pointer. So unless
you're doing this you won't see and constructor call.

b) When creating a new object in the course of de-serializing a pointer, the
function load_construct_data is callled. This calls an in place new for the
default constructor. By specializing this function for your particular
class, you can arrange to call a non-default constructor.

Robert Ramey