From: Elisha Berns (e.berns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-13 19:24:06

Hi,

I have some confusion regarding which type of container/algorithm to use
to optimize the lookup (not necessarily the insertion) of unique pairs
where the definition of unique is:

Either member of the pair can occur an infinite/unbounded number of
times provided the other member of the pair never occurs more than once:
(3,4), (3,5), (3,6), (6,6), (5,6), (4,6)... etc.

So what am I looking at? Some container that allows multiple keys of
the same value provided the value is always unique. And also multiple
values of the same value provided the key is always unique. Is there
such a thing, or something better suited?

Thanks,

Elisha Berns
e.berns_at_[hidden]
tel. (310) 556 - 8332